How We Collect Information
Morgan & Claypool collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through our website technologies.
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you may include:
• Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
• IP addresses;
• Educational and professional interests and background information;
• Usernames and passwords;
• Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
• Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to a Wiley service; and
• Communication preferences.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of Morgan & Claypool's websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
Use of Your Information
Wiley may use your personal information in the following ways:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information about products and services that you request from us;
• To send you periodic catalogues, if you have consented to receive them;
• To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about or other communications containing information about new products and services or upcoming events of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as societies and sponsors, if you have consented to receive this information;
For internal business and research purposes and to help enhance, evaluate and develop our websites, products and services and to develop new products and services;
• To notify you about changes or updates to our websites;
• To notify you about changes or updates to our products and services if you have consented to receive this information;
• To respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
• To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
• As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time, providing that we have sought your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Morgan & Claypool will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as follows:
• If you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement, with the third party serving the advertisement;
• In order to comply with the law or requests by law enforcement agencies, to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and shall seek your consent to use your data for such marketing purposes or to disclose your information to any third party for such marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal data. If at any point you wish to access your personal information to (1) change your preferences, (2) review the accuracy, or (3) correct, supplement or modify your information, you may do so here for electronic communications for emails or by sending an email to email@example.com
Note that you may still receive transactional communications from Morgan & Claypool.